Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sweet Summertime

Summertime is officially in full swing. I have lived in North Carolina almost all of my life and every year I say this but this time I mean it: this is the hottest summer we've ever had. I love being outside but it has been much too hot lately. It's the humid, uncomfortable, start-sweating-when-you-walk-outside kind of heat. I would probably complain if it were too cold as well. Barkley and I managed a walk today before we both came home and plopped down in exhaustion. He has a lot more hair than I do, so he HAD to have been hot--but he trotted happily through the neighborhood without a care in the world.

My favorite part of summer is how things seem to slow down. Weekends are filled with beach trips or lounging by the pool. The increasingly hot weather seems to provide me with a legitimate excuse to indulge in treats like ice cream, popsicles, and sonic slushes. I love having extra time to read as well. I've been traveling a lot lately so I've been able to read even more waiting in airports. I have checked off several books on my summer reading list. It looks a little like this:

1) Heart of the Matter-check.
2) American Wife-check. LOVED this book.
3) Firefly Lane-check.
4) The Man of my Dreams-check.
4) Naturally Thin (Bethenny Frankel's book--almost done)
5) The Purpose Driven Life (work in progress--reading one chapter/day for 30 days)
6) The One that I want (starting now)
7) I Will Carry You (by Blogger Angie Smith)
8) My Fair Lazy
9) The Relationship Principles of Jesus (A friend suggested this one)
10)True Colors
11) Look me in the eye

I love being able to read recreationally during the summer. What are you reading?


1 comment:

  1. Ok I am so jealous of your summer reading list! I'm having such a busy summer I don't even remember the last time I read a good book (seriously that is just terrible!). Definitely need to work on my summer reading!

    It has definitely been super hot in Virginia lately too. Although I must admit I'll take a Virginia summer to a Florida summer any day :)

    ReplyDelete