Friday, September 3, 2010

Missing my Mama

My mom and I have been close my entire life. When I was in Kindergarten we had to draw pictures of our favorite person and I drew my mom. Like most mothers and daughters, we clashed when I was in high school over the usual things, curfews, clothes, etc. Like every family, we had some hard times over the years. But she put her everything into making fun memories for us. From dressing all 4 of us in matching outfits to taking us on picnics in the park after church, she continues to create rich memories with us. We still sometimes "get snippy" with each other. I "get snippy" with her when she talks during a movie or show I'm trying to watch. She is one of the strongest and most resilient people I know. She has unwavering faith and always trusts God for support and guidance. Now that I'm the farthest I've ever been from my family, I miss my sweet Mama. I appreciate her so much more now than I ever did growing up. She knows me inside and out. She knows how I worry and get anxious about most everything. She knows my voice on the phone when I'm on the verge of tears.

Coco Chanel once said "There are people who are wealthy. And then there are people who are rich."

Who do you appreciate?

2 comments:

  1. Hannah! omgosh do I remember you and your sibs dressing alike!! and 'get snippy" -my mom would say that to me all the time! I was dubbed "Ms. Snippidy!"

    ReplyDelete