Thursday, November 11, 2010

CMA Awards

After getting over the initial disappointment that Modern Family was not coming on, I started watching the CMA Awards.

Last night reminded me just how stunning Carrie Underwood is. I have such a girl crush on her. She is such a talent and just gorgeous.
I love that female country artists are never in the news for DUIs, rehab, or lack of undergarments. It's refreshing.

Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton shared a huge night of wins. They were so cute together. In fact, I said to TG " I wish we were both country singers and could be like Miranda and Blake". He didn't really respond... haha

I love Miranda Lambert's song "The House that Built Me". I may or may not have cried each of the 6 times I heard it on the moving trip down to Florida. Just sayin'.

Taylor Swift performed "Back to December" from her new album. I love this song. I love Taylor Swift's music but I don't really care for her that much. Don't get me wrong, she is lovely but her dorky-ness is slightly annoying. Or maybe her behind the scenes specials and interviews just make her appear that way? "Back to December" is allegedly about her romance with Twilight star Taylor Lautner. Another song on the new album is rumored to be about John Mayer. AND just recently she was seen with Jake Gyllenhaal sharing an ice-cream sundae. Seems like she's been a busy little lady and falling in love left and right.

Gwyneth Paltrow made her country debut last night as well. I was so impressed with her singing and she looked beautiful.


Happy Veteran's Day. Thank you to all who have served our great country and made our freedom possible.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not alone in having a girl crush on Carrie Underwood! Also, one of my friends wanted me to go to a Taylor Swift concert with her this past summer, and she is just as ditzy and out there in real life. Strange girl. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was devastated when I realized Modern Family wasn't coming on! The CMA's were not a good enough excuse for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. Am. So. Glad. I. Found. Your. Blog.

    But for reals. "I love that female country artists are never in the news for DUIs, rehab, or lack of undergarments. It's refreshing." I may be quoting that in life. Too funny.

    Pi love sistah:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about Taylor. Her dorkyness can be annoying especially when she is interviewed. But maybe that is just the high-school quality in her. She is just still not mature.... and definitely not cool enough to be dating hottie 29 year old Jake. Love his baby blues. I love Gwyneth and her Goop! She looked so so pretty and is just so genuine.

    ReplyDelete