Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ramblin' (wo)man

I can't believe it's already November. I am SO glad that the election is over and I don't have to listen to those annoying political ad commercials. I was happy to see the GOP taken back some seats in the house.

TG's parents are coming down to Tampa for Thanksgiving. His mom is going to help me with the cooking. I've been trying to find some good crowd-pleaser recipes. I need a bangin' dessert, and a couple of tasty sides dishes. Please post your suggestions!! They would be greatly appreciated.




Please keep Colt Brake in your prayers. He sustained life changing spinal injuries during a high school football game. He was a student at the high school I attended. It's a relatively small private school and the students/faculty have really come together to support Colt. He is in good hands at the Shephard Spinal Center in Atlanta but his family could use lots of prayers.

My sweet Barkley seems to be feeling much better!

Has anyone seen the show Giuliana and Bill on the Style Network? I'm pretty much obsessed with this couple. They also have a book out called "I Do, Now What?" I've picked the book up several times but never bought it. I need to grab it this weekend. I love what one of the first pages says: "If the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, it's because they work at it". I love this. They just seem like such a healthy couple. If you haven't seen the show you should check it out. It's now a vital part of my Monday nights.

I'm excited about heading out to the Junior League Holiday Gift Mart this weekend. Hopefully I can get some of my Christmas shopping done. They always have unique vendors. At least the one's I've been to in Raleigh have been.

We are also going to a friend's housewarming party this weekend. I'm excited to see her new house. And it's right on the bay!

Happy Wednesday, ya'll! And please leave me some ideas for Thanksgiving : )

3 comments:

  1. Last year I hosted Thanksgiving and I turned to The Pioneer Woman. Her sides are amazing and as it gets closer she'll do more recipes but I believe she has a Thanksgiving section on her website: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have to stray too far from the classics. If you can make healthier substitutions, it's easy. Also, if you want to get in good with the Mom, ask for some of her thoughts and recipes, too.

    ReplyDelete