Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sister Wives

Have you seen Sister Wives?!

I consider myself a pretty open-minded person. I usually take the "whatever floats your boat" stance when considering odd things others may choose to do. I know, only He can judge. But He made me. And goodness gracious it is a never ending battle trying to keep my mouth shut and opinions in my head. Sometimes these opinions are covered up with saying "Well, Bless Her Heart". Anyways, I do have to share my sentiments regarding this show.

I watched this show a couple nights ago. The whole thing is so strange to me. The show makes it seem like they are more invested in this lifestyle than the mormon faith that polygamy has been associated with in the past.

Most men would likely say that pleasing one wife is hard enough never mind four. And honestly, I don't know how the guy (Kody) talked all these women into marrying him. He is a complete dork. And his hair is worse than Bruce Jenner's. In an interview he was asked "how would you feel about one of your wives having multiple husbands?" He said he would be disgusted and couldn't stand to think of such a thing. Hmm. Interesting. The women on the show claim to be happy but a couple of the women discussed their jealousy issues. They were emotional throughout the interview and I couldn't help but feel bad for them.

I realize that this lifestyle works for them and I'm not to judge. I watched it our of pure curiousity about mormonism and polygamy. I would love to hear your input on this topic. I am a Christian but I think it's interesting to hear about different belief systems.

I'm just glad I don't have to share TG with anyone else ; )

4 comments:

  1. I don't know. Kody seems really creepy and controlling to me, almost like he's brainwashed these women who are very vulnerable. Maybe thats just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "and his hair is worse than Bruce Jenner's." Hahahaha. I agree 100%. I saw an interview with him and the wives on Oprah and it was totally creepy. I felt bad for the women because he seems like a jerk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg I saw the preview for this but haven't actually seen the show yet. The whole idea is so bizarre to me that I can't help but watch next time it comes on. The whole Texas pologomist scandal had me intrigued for weeks about how crazy their lifestyle is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you....it' snot something I'd ever be a part of but morbid curiosity has me watching every sunday.

    ReplyDelete