Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

Life can change a lot from year to year. I am so excited to see what 2011 brings. I haven't really made new year's resolutions in the past but a lot of bloggers have been posting about them so I figured I'd jump on in.

1) Communicate better. This is kind of broad. I keep in touch with my friends in NC but not as much as I would like. I'm not a big phone person. I'd like to make myself call, chat, and just check in with friends from back home each week.

2) Eat healthier. Let's be serious. I don't plan on giving up candy anytime soon. {speaking of candy, TG filled my stocking with some of my favorites--gummy bears, lindt lindor truffles, & pretzel m&ms} I do want to continue to incorporate as much natural, not-so-processed foods into my diet as possible. Vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and lean proteins are the name of this game.

3)Budget better. I really want to start being more money conscious. I will be trying to use my coupons and make a grocery budget. I will also be trying to limit my trips to Target (and buying crap I don't need).

4) 5K Race. Complete the 5K race coming up in March.

5) 13.1 As in half-marathon. I want to run a half in 2011.
Also in the new year:
I will not sweat the small stuff. I will be in the present. The type of day I have won't be dependent upon a number on a scale. I will be more kind. I will stop to smell the roses and enjoy the little parts of life that make each day special.

6 comments:

  1. no lie, this sounds exactly like my list. haha great minds think alike! good luck with your training for the races - mine will start once i get back from Chicago...yikes! happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds similar to mine, too. Did you ever have the crunch m&ms when they were out? I used to love those things, but they're not made anymore. The pretzel m&ms are similar, but just not the same.

    Good luck with the races! I just did my first half in November and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THESE!! Thank you for not giving up candy...that is what makes life so great:) WAHOO for the 1/2 marathon, I can't wait to follow your training, you are going to rock it! I love the resolution about communication, that really is the most important thing in life and it is so easy to forget that I constantly need to work on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely the type of girl to sweat the small stuff too. So, I agree that I should make that one of my New Year's Resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do the half marathon girl! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that heart picture! good luck with these!

    ReplyDelete