Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1-11-11

Today's date is so neat. I've been writing it all day.

I finally had time to watch the Bachelor tonight. Just a couple of thoughts on that.

-I didn't time it but I would estimate that Melissa (blonde in the red dress) cried 90% of her air time.

-There was a crazy Michelle on Jake's Season and now there is one on Brad's. Of course, ABC does that on purpose. I agree, it is highly entertaining. And in case you didn't know: It was her 30th Birthday. Don't know if you caught that or not.

P.S. I'd be willing to bet that most Americans have turkey, water, and eggs in their fridge. This does not a soul-mate make.

-Rachel (the one fighting with Melissa). Holy boobs, girlfriend.

-Keltie. I felt so bad for her when she said she had tried every kind of dating. And then I felt even worse for her when she named all the types she had tried. She's a pretty girl but saying all of that on national television might not help her cause. Just sayin'.

-Fangs. Why is she still there?

-Emily. I may or may not have cried a little when she talked to her little girl on the phone.

Enough about that.

Yesterday I reached one of my first running goals. 3.1 miles! I've run 3 miles before but never without stopping and walking a little here and there. I realize this is not that big of an accomplishment but for this girl, it's big. I never thought I could be a runner...but what do ya know, I'm starting to be one. I can't wait to reach more distance goals. I'm considering training for the Chicago Rock n Roll half marathon (It's in August). Has anyone run a half marathon before? And is training in 7 months feasible for an someone like me?

5 comments:

  1. good job! My friend ran the Chicago Rock n Roll half marathon last August and we had a blast (I went to cheer for her)! I'm training for a 20K in June, so I'd say you're on the right track! This website has great tools for training www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/index.htm
    some of the training programs are free and some cost money, it just depends on what you're looking for. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched The Bachelor today too. I agree with everything you said. I kind of wanted punch Michelle in the face.

    Congrats on your running! 3 miles is awesome!

    7 months is definitely feasible! Using Hal Higdon's half marathon training schedule (that Angie mentioned above), I went from an absolute NON runner to a half marathoner in just 12 weeks. You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the comments on the Bachelor. I'm right there with ya!

    My goal this year is to run the Chicago Rock n Roll too! And, like Angie and Laura said, for all of the other races I've been in, I've used Hal Higdon's schedules with much success.

    Keep me posted on your plans, it will be great to compare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. scuse me - that would be "Raichel" with an "i"...and the big boobs. ;) hahaha i LOVE the Bachelor, but laugh myself through most of it. loved your commentary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job!!! It is so hard to get back into running let alone run the entire distance! You go girl!

    PS - left you something on my blog!

    ReplyDelete