Sunday, January 9, 2011

Ocean Prime

TG's Dad and Stepmom are visiting us this weekend. I'm sure they were glad to get a break from the brutal Chicago winter. We are celebrating Christmas/New Years/playing catch-up with them.

Friday night we went to Ocean Prime for dinner. There is a chain of Ocean Prime restaurants in several big cities including Detroit, Miami, Orlando, Dallas, Tampa, and Atlanta.

Ya'll. It was delish.

We shared:
- Tuna Tartar. (one of my favorites)

The sides are "supper club" style which is like family style. We enjoyed:
-Creamed Spinach
-Truffle Fries
-Black Truffle Macaroni and Cheese

I've never met a truffle I didn't love.

TG and I both ordered the filet mignon-oscar style. Except I got the petite : )

Everything was really good. Definitely worth a visit. Their menu is here.

And an added bonus: they have Cake bread wine. My absolute favorite. Definitely a special treat that I only enjoy occasionally.
images via, via, via,

6 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this chain before but it sounds delicious! Tuna Tartar is also a fave of mine! Thanks for sharing a review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cakebread is such a nice treat! You gotta love when parents come to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their tuna tartare is FANTASTIC! I concur! I'm glad you had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! That sounds like the best meal ever. I love mac and cheese and that tuna tartar looks to die for! THanks for the sweet comment today. Hope you have an amazing Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM everything you just mentioned sounds AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete