Monday, January 31, 2011

Super Bowl Goodies

A big thank you to Christina from Summer Year Round for guest posting on my little blog. If you aren't already reading her blog--Shame on you! Head on over there for musings on food, fashion, and life in the big apple.

Hi Everyone! My name is Christina and I am the blogger behind Summer Year Round. I'd like to thank Hannah for letting me share one of my favorite topics with you today - food! Food, like fashion, should be two things - colorful and fun. With Superbowl parties coming up, what better way to whip up some fun food for the party you may be hosting or attending.


One of my favorite recipes for guests is simple yet delicious. It is one of my go-to recipes for last minute get togethers. What is this recipe you may ask? Well it's a Garden Vegetable Dip Recipe!


Garden Vegetable Dip Recipe

1 cup plain yogurt (I prefer Chobani greek yogurt)

2 tablespoons finely chopped cucumber

2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion

1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley

1 tablespoon chili sauce

1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

dash of hot pepper sauce


1. Blend all ingredients in a medium bowl until blended. Refrigerate an hour prior to serving

2. Serve dip with vegetables, crackers or chips


Want something else to sip on while watching the game?

Nothing is more fun than some funky cocktails!


Orange Rum Punch

2 cups fresh orange juice

2/3 cup light rum

3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

4 teaspoons sugar

1/2 teaspoons bitters

orange zest for garnish


1. Blend all ingredients in a serving bowl. Serve over ice and garnish


I hope you enjoyed my post on some Super Bowl goodies.

Let me know how anything you make comes out and enjoy the game!

xoxo, Christina


photos - 1,2,3

recipes - 1,2

4 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog from Annie's and love it! I am a huge Reality show addict and loved your Bachelor recap from last week. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the veggie dip recipe! A nice healthy alternative to all the other junk that is surely to be served on Superbowl!!

    ReplyDelete