Monday, January 24, 2011

Valentine's Day: For Him

Valentine's Day is right around the corner. I never seem to know what to get TG for Valentine's Day. I always wait until the last minute and end up getting something he suggests. One year I gave him new Clark's shoes. Bor-ing. I figured a lot of girls probably struggle to find something for their guy on Valentine's Day. Most people think Valentine's Day is a holiday just for girls {or a stupid holiday made up by greeting card companies to make oodles of money}. However, I think V-day makes for a good excuse to remind people that you love them. {And eat Valentine candy}

I'm stepping up my game this year.

Some suggestions:

1) Cute lounge pants from Vineyard Vines

2) Fun Bow-tie from Southern Proper

How cute is this print?

3) Engraved glasses
4) Needlepoint Belt like this one from Tucker Blair
5) Some stores like The Fresh Market and Whole Foods have a wide selection of individual beer bottles you can mix and match in a 6 pack. I've never met a guy that didn't like beer.
6) One of my favorite things to do is fill a cooler with a variety of fun goodies. I painted TG a cooler a while back (for Carolina Cup). But you could fill a cooler or tote with their favorite snacks, coozies, a shirt or hat, their favorite beer, magazines, itunes/Starbucks gift cards, etc.

The best gifts I've received are ones that show the most thought. And after all, it's the thought that counts : )

What are you getting your special someone? Or what have you gotten them in past years?

1 comment:

  1. I hate trying to find boy gifts. I always end up taking Doug to a nice dinner so that we can spend time together. We do not buy presents, instead we go on a trip or a date. I kind of miss presents :) You have lots of cute ideas.

    ReplyDelete