Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend Update

This weekend the annual Gasparilla celebrations were held in Tampa. Gasparilla is a huge deal in the Bay Area. The Gasparilla festivities have been tradition since 1904. It's basically Mardi Gras in Tampa. Gasparilla has two parades (a children's parade and a more wild one), a pirate invasion with tons of boats swarming into Tampa, and a huge festival. Festival go-ers dress up as pirates and it's just overall craziness.

Since this will be the only year we will be in Tampa, we decided to take full advantage the Gasparilla fun.

We enjoyed delicious pitas/gyros. TG got lamb. I stuck with chicken. (And asked him several times while we were eating "how does Mary's little lamb taste?").

Here are a few other pictures I snapped (minus that last one). I didn't take that many pictures due to the fact that I was carrying a HUGE dog stuffed animal that I somehow ended up with when TG played some game with darts. (And accidentally spent $80 dollars on said dart game in the first 5 minutes we were at the festival. Live and learn, I suppose.)





I had intentions of going to church Sunday but overslept/turned off my alarm in my sleep. I did school work all day Sunday and then took Chip and Barkley on a walk with TG. After wearing the dogs out on a 3 mile walk, I had to have some frozen yogurt. (Even though I may or may not have had some Saturday afternoon too). So, we tried a new yogurt shop, Yogurtology. This is hands down the best frozen yogurt place I've ever been to. I've never seen so many toppings in my life. Of course, getting frozen yogurt so close to dinner spoiled my appetite. I didn't care.

In my mix:
NY Cheesecake Yogurt, Red Velvet Cake Yogurt, chocolate covered sunflower seeds, cheesecake bites, Butterfinger chunks, gummy bears, fresh strawberries and blackberries.
Holy Yum.

Here is TG's bowl. I don't know what's in his exactly, but there were fruity pebbles! I was too busy chowing down on my own to notice.

6 comments:

  1. So fun! I'm jealous of your frozen yogurt. Hm, I better go get some tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Gasparilla once. Glad you were able to experience..def. an interesting event. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fruity pebbles and cap'n crunch on my frozen yogurt! It is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I just found your blog and I'm your newest follower! Your dogs are adorable and I would so love to be down in Florida right now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heading to Tampa in early March and your pictures make me excited to go. That and I don't think there will be the inches of ice in Tampa like there is up here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like so much fun! Love how all those boats come out, what a big party!

    ReplyDelete