Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bern's Steakhouse

Weekend before last TG's grandparents were visiting in the area (for golf and such with old friends) and were kind enough to take us out to dinner. We went to Bern's Steakhouse which is a famous Tampa dining spot. In fact, the Food Network is doing a feature on Bern's soon. From the outside, it looks like a big white cement building. Once in the restaurant, you are surrounded by gaudy decor. It's certainly not your typical upscale, modern, trendy eatery. Each dining room is decorated differently and sort of makes you feel like you're in a different time period.

Bern's is quite the dining experience. All of their food including comes from their private farm. Most of the ingredients used at Bern's are organic. Bern's also offers over 20 kinds of caviar.

TG and I both ordered Filet Oscar. Each entree comes with a salad and french onion soup (my favorite), along with two sides. TG said it was the best steak he has ever had.

When dining at Bern's, you can tour the kitchen and wine cellar. The wine cellar is absolutely amazing. I snapped the picture below on our tour. It houses thousands of bottles of wine, but what's in the cellar is actually only like 1% (I think that's what the tour guide said) of their total inventory. The below picture is only ONE isle of the cellar.
Upstairs is a completely separate dessert room with an extensive dessert menu. You also get to sit in your own little encased booth room complete with a telephone to talk to your waiter. Of course, we had to have dessert (complete with dessert wine)! TG's grandparents got the Baked Alaska and TG and I shared chocolate cheesecake. I was absolutely stuffed when we left.

Dining at Bern's is such a treat. If you're ever in the Tampa Bay area, we highly recommend eating at Bern's. For menu, contact information, and directions: see Bern's Steakhouse Website. We can't wait to go back.

4 comments:

  1. I love Bern's! Isnt that wine and dessert room the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried making reservations while we were there for the Outback Bowl but the earliest they had was 9pm. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Bern's too! My besties and myself tore that place up last July. OMGoodnes do I have some hilarious pics from that night. I may have to do a blog post with said pics because they are so funny. The food really was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bern's is our favorite Tampa spot! However, I could eat at Pane Rustica every single day!

    ReplyDelete