Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Neither here nor there.

TG and I had a lovely Valentine's day at home together. He got me a massage at a spa in Tampa. I have never had a massage, so I'm a little nervous--but excited! I say nervous only because I am pretty tickle-ish. I giggle the entire part of a pedicure when they massage your feet.

I made Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with White Chocolate Ganache frosting and candied bacon. I saw the recipe on Jessica's website How Sweet It Is. Jessica creates the most sinfully delicious food. These cupcakes did not disappoint. I'm with Jessica. If loving candied bacon is wrong, I don't want to be right. I baked these Monday afternoon while skyping with my sister. Which was fun. She said she felt like she was watching a cooking show.
TG cooked us some delicious steaks for dinner. Unfortunately, he grabbed a hot pot and burned the crap out of his hand. It blistered up and looks pretty gross, if we're being honest. That put a little damper on the evening but non the less we had a nice Valentine's day dinner and dessert.

TG and I crossed Bern's steakhouse off of our bucket list on Friday night. Then Tuesday we crossed off the Florida State Fair. Ya'll. It pains me to say this. But it was way better than the NC State Fair. I mean, I saw an alligator show, grizzly bears playing in a pool, the worlds largest rat, a giraffe, a 300 lb. snake, and ate a funnel cake all in one day. And that's not even everything we saw/did/ate. There will be a whole post on my fair adventures, complete with animal pictures once I have another free minute/feel like uploading my pictures off of my camera.

I've been so busy this week (with school work, boo) that I haven't even had time to watch the Bachelor, Teen Mom 2, Private Practice from the past 2 weeks or Desperate Housewives. I value my mindless television watching. I had a super-duper run yesterday, complete with energy jelly beans. If I had my own treadmill, I could watch my DVRd shows while I ran. How awesome would that be?

And I think all of this reading of research articles and textbooks has drained my brain. This is evident in this post, where I am clearly all over the place.

Happy Wednesday.
Don't forget to watch Modern Family. Aka The best show in the world.

4 comments:

  1. i love that wednesday nights = modern family. i am so ready for a laugh!

    and candied bacon?? i like both candy and bacon, but am super curious about that combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about Tg's hands! Was the bacon really good? It does not sound appealing to me at all. What did you think of Bern's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes that is scary about his hand. Ouch!

    Haha, the NC State fair is pretty lame so I bet you did have fun!

    Enjoy the massage - it's very relaxing. I remember being nervous about my first one and I've still only had a few but they are really nice. You'll like it! Oh and they deal with ticklish people often! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ughh! Can't believe that TG burned his hand - poor guy! I hope his hand gets better!

    Umm, and those cupcakes look delish - candied bacon? Yum Yum!

    ReplyDelete