Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Weekend + Alligator Adventures Part II

We enjoyed a jam-packed weekend. Friday night, we met up with some friends TG works with at our neighborhood watering hole. We had a great time sitting outside chatting and sipping cocktails. As it got later, the weather cooled off a bit. Not to worry, Elizabeth and I pulled one of the big heat lamps over to our table and warmed up. The guys insisted that it was 60 something degrees and we were being ridiculous. You can sort of see the heat lamp in the left corner of this picture.
This was the only picture I took that night. Mainly because I have been so fed up over how my camera has been acting. More on that later.

Saturday was absolutely beautiful outside. It was almost 80 degrees so we headed to our pool to soak up the sun.
Saturday afternoon we grabbed coffees from Starbucks and went on yet another alligator adventure. We found 3 gators in a nearby swampy area. It has a boardwalk that goes over the water so you can observe from safety. There is a little area that is off the boardwalk that is just a sidewalk through some brush (is that the right nature word?)...I made TG hold my hand when we went through that part.



I'm such a nerd and got entirely too excited about seeing the alligators.

We also went to the pool for a good part of the day on Sunday. Then on a whim, we decided to head to the outlet stores in Orlando (which is only about an hour away).

TG had Monday off since it was president's day so the good times just kept on rolling.
We drove over to downtown St. Petersburg to have lunch by the water front. I can't get enough of this gorgeous weather.

After lunch, I lounged around and caught up on my shows waiting for me on the DVR.
Then TG randomly said he was going to run some errands and go to Target. I thought it was weird that he didn't ask me to go (he knows Target is my happy place). So I chatted with my sister on the phone and went grocery shopping. I was loading the dishwasher when TG got home and sat a box on the kitchen counter.

I think my heart stopped for like 2 seconds.
There she was. The Canon Rebel I've been lusting after for so long.
I got teary eyed and told him he had to take it back.
He said he just wanted to get me something to say thank you for everything I do.
Thank you TG. (I love you more than Easter candy)
Best. Surprise. Ever.

So look forward to better pictures on the blog. I'm so excited!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, what a fun surprise! And I am so jealous you got lay out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME!

    I bet you're already super tan....so not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful surprise!! I'm drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great camera :) you're going to have so much fun with it! and i'm leaving for florida in about 2 weeks! i CANNOT wait for sunshine, palm trees, and the ocean waves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun weekend topped off by a great suprise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what an awesome surprise! My camera is on it's last leg so maybe I should hint around to my bf that I'll be needing a newer (nicer) one ASAP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. teach me your ways hannah, the kind of training it must have taken to get your man to this point. bravo. i'm jk..kind of. but really thats about the cutest thing i've ever heard. yay TG! this makes up for the chacos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay! you got a rebel finally! TG did so good!!!

    I have the Rebel and I got the Canon 85mm f/1.8. I love it but I would recommend 50mm f/1.4 because the 85mm is so close up it is hard to use in a lot of situations. If you have any more questions feel free to email me-- jessicaepley@gmail.com

    I am so excited for you because I know you have been wanting a new camera for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh my gosh - How SWEET is that! TG did good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a great boyfriend! I know you are SO excited! Take a pic of the 2 of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what an awesome surprise!! how sweet is that!

    ReplyDelete