Monday, February 7, 2011

Weekend Update

We enjoyed a low-key and very lazy weekend around here.

Highlights of the weekend included...

-Trying to recreate our favorite fish tacos from Chico's (our favorite tex-mex restaurant from our college town) on Saturday night= SUCCESS!

Excuse the poor lighting and Blackberry camera picture.

-Watched a very funny Saturday Night Live (complete with a Justin Bieber appearance)

-Made delicious home-made pizzas. Eating is one of our primary weekend activities.

-Watching the Super Bowl.

...Let me rephrase that. TG watched the Super Bowl and I paid attention during the commercials. And pouted about the fact that Desperate Housewives and Kourtney and Kim take New York were not on.

Speaking of Kim Kardashian. Not even Kim Kardashian and her mega booty can make Sketchers Shape-Ups look sexy.

What were your favorite commercials? I loved the Volkswagen one with the little boy dressed as Darth Vader. He was on the Today show this morning and could not have been any cuter. His mom was with him and mentioned that he was born with a Congenital Heart Defect. He had surgery as a baby and now is thriving and healthy.

There were also a few low-lights. We can't be daisies and rainbows and hearts around here all the time.

-In an unfortunate incident at the dog park, Chip peed on Barkley's head. TG saw this. However, he didn't say anything about it until later. And by later, I mean when I was rubbing my nose on Barkley's face being like "Why in the world does Barkley's head smell so funky!? It smells like..ugh.. I don't know..what could it be?!" Then TG says: "Oh I think Chip may have peed on his head a little." What? (Don't worry, I got in the shower after that.)

-I had to spend the bulk of Sunday Funday doing school work. Boo. This grad school stuff is for the birds.

Happy Monday Everybody!
Stay tuned for a Valentine's Giveaway

6 comments:

  1. Ewwww that's gross!!

    Wow, that's awesome you recreated those tacos. They look delish! You should post the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed on the grad school stuff. i just want to be DONE! soon enough, my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Volkswagen commercial was by far my favorite too! I loved it! My hubs watched the game and I read my book, but paid attention to the commercials and the halftime show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, for the giveaway! Sadly, The opposite happened to Bailey, he peed on another dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm a new follower. I found your blog via Young and Fabulous. Your dogs are super cute! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those tacos look delicious! I have some tilapia in the freezer and I can't wait to make some of these!

    ReplyDelete