Thursday, March 24, 2011

Carolina Cup & LaRoque

As we near the end of March, I can't help but think of the upcoming Carolina Cup.
I attended three years in a row while I was in college.
Ah, glory days.

In case you've never been, Carolina Cup is a horse race. Also known as a huge, all-day tailgating event filled more Lilly, Vineyard Vines, Southern Proper, and LaRoque than you can shake a stick at.

At my last Carolina Cup, I noticed lots of similar (darling!) dresses made out of fabrics that I hadn't seen before. Several of them had monogrammed sashes. I asked one of these girls and she told me that her dress was made by Annabelle LaRoque. I even typed it into my Blackberry so I would remember to look it up when I got home. I decided then and there that I would have to have one for the next year's Cup.

Sadly, that was my last Carolina Cup. I never got to order one of these dresses. However, I will definitely be heading to Columbia to get my own LaRoque original to wear for my wedding rehearsal dinner. In a few years. Just sayin'.

Annabelle has a variety of fabrics and will work with you to create your own one-of-a-kind dress. In addition to Carolina Cup dresses and other everyday skirts, she also makes bridal gowns and bow ties--which are equally adorable.

Here are some of my favorites:





The girl is clearly talented.

LaRoque is located at:

2700 Devine Street
Columbia, SC
803-765-6062

or on Facebook

If you live nearby or within a few hours, it's definitely worth the trip to visit her shop.
images via

10 comments:

  1. Aw! I love Cup! I went every year that I was at College of Charleston :) They have a race in Atlanta too (Steeplechase) but it doesn't compare to the SC version! Love it. And love those dresses, gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED that third dress with the white sash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Cup all 4 years and since my boyfriend is still in his last year of college I get to go for a 5th time! I'm so excited! I've been looking for the perfect dress to wear and one that could possibly double as a dress for a wedding coming up! I will definitely be looking at LaRoque!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for posting this! I just wrote the brand down so I can check it out!

    btw your blog is so cute! I can't wait to read more :) I'm new to the blogging world and I hope you can follow mine: WhatMissLoves

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are the cutest outfits. I went to her website and gosh I fell in love! Maybe bridesmaid dresses, hmhm ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the suggestion! Her dresses are adorable--I'm going to check them out now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just seeing this post you did on my dresses! Thank you so much! I'd love for you to come see me!

    ReplyDelete