Monday, March 7, 2011

Long time, No see!

It feels like forever since I've blogged...even though in actuality it's been more like a weekend.

My dear friend Tess came to Tampa to visit me this weekend. We rushed and pledged ADPi together. After both having less than ideal roommate situations in our freshman dorms, we decide to be dorm roomies. In October, Tess' roommate actually moved out to an apartment and I scooted on in. We had some good times in Fletcher residence hall that usually included fun nights of getting ready together before going out and countless late night dance parties. And even several noise warnings from our RA. After living in the dorm our freshman year, we moved into the attic of the ADPi house and again slept 4 feet away from each other in twin beds. More good times were had. We also ended up being roomies our senior year when we lived in an off campus house. Needless to say, she has become one of my best friends over the years.

After picking her up at the airport Friday morning, we lounged by the pool all afternoon and caught up. Then we went for frozen yogurt trip #1.


Friday night, TG took us out to dinner at Cassis American Brasserie in downtown St. Petersburg. (Sugardaddy, right?) We had a great dinner sitting outside. However, it was unexpectedly windy (like hurricane weather) so we did get kind of cold. We usually go to Cassis for lunch and sit outside. It's right by the water and all of the sailboats so it's a fun atmosphere. If you're ever in the area, it's a great place to grab lunch while exploring downtown St. Pete.


Saturday we lounged by the pool again. I'm happy to say I am turning into a little brown butter bean early this year!

For lunch we went back to downtown St. Pete and ate at Red Mesa Cantina. We loved this place and will definitely be our new weekend lunch spot. I ordered a Mahi Mahi taco and an Ahi Tuna taco which were both delicious. The Ahi Tuna taco had an amazing wasabi aioli on top as well as cabbage and tomatoes. Fresh and healthy, yet so very tasty. The three of us shared a pitcher of margaritas and some ceviche. The ceviche was SO good. Red Mesa has an awesome outdoor area with several big fountains.

Saturday afternoon, we took Tess to see the gators. Obviously. We certainly do love going to visit our pet gators. I snapped a couple of pictures.


Sunday we...you guessed it, lounged by the pool. Hey, it's 80 degrees in March, can you blame me?

I was sad to see my friend go but we've already started planning our next trip together.

As for tonight...I am looking forward to catching up on all of your blogs tonight (And watching Bethenny Ever After, of course).

I'm still learning how to use my new camera, but I snapped a few pictures of Barkley and Chip playing outside the other day. I think they're pretty handsome.



Tomorrow, my blog BFF buddy, Laura will be guest posting at A Big Little Life. She blogs about running, living healthy, and adventures as a twenty-something! Pretty much all around amazing : )

3 comments:

  1. that looks like yogurt mountain to me...yumm

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you all had a fabulous time! Park SHore Grill is another great restaurant on the water in St. Pete!

    ReplyDelete