Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Perfect Easter Basket

Note: This post could also be called “Dear TG…”

I love the Easter season for the obvious reasons (acknowledging the sacrifice He made for us, Spring weather, and cute dresses), however, this year I’m especially excited. Because I will be enjoying a whole bag these.

(My absolute favorite Easter candy. I look forward to it starting at Christmas.)

You see, I gave up candy for Lent. I don’t know what I was thinking. I never imagined it would be this hard. While it has been challenging to say the least, it has also opened my eyes to the sugar addict that I have become. More on that in another post.

I love shopping for different odds and ends to go in TG’s stocking and Easter basket. It’s fun to have lots of little prizes.

My perfect Easter basket would include items like this:

(And yes, I know the real meaning of Easter, and that it has nothing to do with baskets. But Baskets are fun. So there.)


What do you typically get in your Easter basket?

My mom usually does candy and a couple small things that I may have mentioned like a book a movie, or pair of earrings.


images via 1|2

*Shasta Anne is having an awesome giveaway---$100 gift card to Forever 21 + $100 Gas card.. So head on over to her fabulous blog and enter yo' self! *

6 comments:

  1. that camera strap is super cute! i just ordered mine a few weeks ago from an Etsy shop called "August Blossom" - her camera straps are super cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mine is usually just candy and knicknacks, but every few years it will have a big special something! (i'm crossing my fingers for a pair of pajamas i have been eyeing and dropped some hints about this year)! LOVE those earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave up candy for lent too!! AND...those candies along with whopper eggs are my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you looking for a camera strap or is that a pair of croakies for your glasses? If it's a camera strap I know the perfect place for you to look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love Easter candy - I can't get enough (which is not good for my waistline!) Thank you for stopping by The Southland Life! Always fun to make new friends! Your dog is precious - T and I want one sooo bad! Have a great weekend! xx. Katie

    ReplyDelete