Thursday, April 14, 2011

This Weekend

I have very special company this weekend. Tomorrow afternoon, I will pick up my dear sister from the airport. And then...4 whole days of sisterly fun will begin! Weeee!

I feel really lucky that I have such a close relationship with my sister. I know that not everyone has that. It truly is a blessing.

It's her spring break week and I'm so glad she decided to come see me. I can't believe my little Syd is going to be graduating from high school in like, a month...(-ish). Come August, she will be attending the same university as I did. Keepin' the legacy alive.

Every time we talk about college, I get so excited for her. Ah, nostalgia. She laughs at me because I say lame things like "You're going to have the time of your life", or "Seriously, it's the best" while grinning ear to ear. I'm cheesy like that.

While I am so excited about the next chapters of my life, I sometimes wish I could relive my college days. I feel like college went by so quickly. Don't you think? I had a wonderful "college experience" and I don't think I would really do anything differently. Did you love your college years?

I digress.

Here are some activities I have planned:
1) Go to Yogurtology (or try the new Pinkberry in Tampa!)
2) Sunshine-y Lunch in downtown St. Petersburg
3) Go visit our alligator friends.
(I need to recondition myself to not be afraid. I was much less afraid of living among reptile beasts until I saw a disturbing scene of Planet Earth last night. Without warning a HUGE gator came out of the water and drowned an antelope and then ate it..Eesh.)
4) International Mall (Nordstrom, ZARA, etc.)
5) Lay out by the pool
6) Go to the beach.

What are you up to this weekend?

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend:) Enjoy the time with your sister.


    Tomorrow we are doing some shopping to find the perfect outfits for our engagement session next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy your weekend -- i hope you have a great great time - you deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend! I love my sister time! And I loved what you said about running... it's great when it's over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great weekend with your sister girl! sister time is so special!!!! it sounds like y'all will be having a blast in florida! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you all had the best time together! Where is Pinkberry going to be?

    ReplyDelete