Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'm still here.

The past few weeks have been crazy and I have, indeed, neglected my little blog. I just got back into town last night from being in NC with my family. It went by so fast and was much too short. A lot has happened in the world since my last post. Terrible tornadoes wrecked the South. The Royal Wedding. Osama bin Laden was killed. Eesh! Quite the week.

I still can't get over Kate Middleton's wedding dress. Absolute perfection. By far the most gorgeous gown I've ever seen. (My Kate Middleton obsession continues...)

One of my sweet friends from college got married on Saturday. It was so great to see my best girlfriends from college. And the bride looked gorgeous, of course.


I thought these garden things were too cute.


*these pictures aren't great because they were taken with my little camera and not the SLR.

The rest of my time home was spent hanging out with my family and visiting my grandparents. Both of my grandmothers are class-act women. One is a country mouse and the other more of a city mouse. City mouse grandma makes magic happen in the kitchen. And I'll go ahead and say she makes the best cakes this side of the mason-dixon. Country mouse grandma is one of the most warm people I have ever met. She makes me laugh. Oddly enough, country mouse grandma has an ipad. Needless to say, I enjoy the company of both.

It was also good to visit with my papa (who belongs to country mouse grandma). He is having some heart related health issues. So if you're a praying person, please pray for his improved health!

Yesterday I had lunch with my friends, Amy and Joslyn before heading to the airport. I was thankful we were able to meet for lunch. Sometimes it's so hard to squeeze so much into such a short trip home.

I miss my family already but I was certainly glad to see TG (and Barkley and Chip too).

Hopefully life will slow down just a tad so I can blog more and have a little more time with my Google reader : )

There are lots of good giveaways right now.
Head on over to Shasta's blog. She's giving away a Visa Gift card!
Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore is also having a giveaway for the cutest Nico and Lala stuff!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the giveaway shout out! That looks like a great wedding! Where is your dress from? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look beautiful girl!

    it has been quite a week definately!

    so glad you were able to squeeze in some family and friend time :) will be praying for your grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with everyone - that dress is awesome! The color is so good for you! Glad your having a good week with friends and family. xo

    ReplyDelete