Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Kindness (Some suggestions)


Say "Good morning" to a person standing next to you in the elevator.
Pay for the person behind you in the drive-thru line
Bring a box of doughnuts to share at the office.
Take a minute to direct someone who is lost, even though you're rushing.
Write a letter to a child who could use some extra attention.
Give a homeless person your doggie bag.
Say "I love you" to someone you love.
Put a coin in an expired meter.
Forgive someone a debt–and never bring it up again.
Listen with all your senses.
Put your shopping cart back in its place.
Throw away your trash—and someone else's—after a movie, picnic or visit to a park.

taken from Oprah (of course.)

image via

*filed under: things I need to remember.*

8 comments:

  1. Too cute! I'm definitely doing the letter to a child after reading this today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this. I've been lucky enough to be the recipient of the person in front of me paying for a coffee, or even a lunch (at Panera, no less), and it makes me have hope in the goodness of people. Plus, I love that it creates somewhat of a snowball effect because you can sure bet I paid for the person behind me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with this post! These are all such good points. Another one, taken from my mom, is "Kill 'em with kindness!" She has always told me that even when someone isn't treating you as nicely as you'd like to respond with kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so great! When someone does something unexpected and sweet for me, it always brightens my day! I'm going to need to do one of these for someone else soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All great ideas! I love sending random cards to friends.

    PS - I'm giving you an award on my blog tomorrow but I won't be on the computer tomorrow so wanted to let you know today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great advice. Oprah is such an advocate of generosity - little lists like this remind you that all it takes is a small gesture to make someone elses day that much better. Hmmmm, maybe I'll go pick up treats for my coworkers.

    Love your blog!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete