Monday, June 6, 2011

Eat, Drink, & Be Married

Sometimes I can hardly believe that I've reached that age. You know...where people start getting engaged. And then married (obviously).

I love getting save the dates and invitations in the mail. It seems like there is so much creativity in weddings these days. Couples put so much work into their special day so you want to give them a great gift (that they will actually use). I know the things people register for are things they may need...but sometimes it just feels so wrong to give someone a Pyrex dish. Don't get me wrong, I love Pyrex dishes just as much as the next person.. but I find myself wanting to give something more unique and fun.

In shopping around for some upcoming weddings, I've found some gifts that are a little more fun and exciting.









What is your go-to wedding gift?

8 comments:

  1. I'm so with you! I love giving personalized things. I go to this shop in Charlotte and the girl there helps me so much. I do a monogrammed cutting board for some couples and a pitcher and glasses for others that are engraved with their married monogram. I like to do the pitcher and beer glasses for Kevin's buddies cause it's kind of a manly gift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a go-to wedding gift. I have given cute serving trays a couple of times. Once, I gave a laundry basket full of cleaning supplies, paper products, etc. since they had never lived on their own before (and probably didn't have a clue what they would need).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monogrammed gifts are sooo wonderful! When I got married, they were my favs! The ones you picked out would make any bride and groom swoon! xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these, especially the his and hers highballs and the cheese tray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I loved this post! I'm at the same point in life, just now getting my first batch of wedding invitations and I still can't fully wrap my head around it.

    I am totally on the same page as you and LOVE the idea of getting the couple's new monogram on any and all things. In fact, of the great things you posted, I adore the cheese plate. I've never seen that done and it's super original and would for sure get used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't quite reached the age where anyone I know is getting engaged so I don't have a go to wedding gift yet but it's coming I think, I'm 21?...I always enjoy buying people very personalized gifts though so all your ideas would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your ideas. I know people register for a reason but I always want to get them something special that they don't 'need' or expect. And so far I have gotten rave reviews from my friends, which is good right.

    Nice picks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Hannah,

    What great gifts.

    Thank you for the inspiration.

    Best,

    Coastal Blue Ocean

    ReplyDelete