Thursday, June 16, 2011

Happy Birthday TG!

Happy Birthday to TG!


It's hard to believe you are a quarter of a century old. Geez.

In honor of TG's birthday, I figured I would share a little bit about our early days here on the ol' blog. TG and I met at Pantana Bobs ("PBs") bar when I was a junior in college. Note: whenever anyone asks me where we met I always say "through some mutual friends". Which is true...but it is certainly more historically accurate to say that we met in a bar on draft beer night. He was new to ECU and had recently transferred from Southern Methodist University (in Dallas).

He asked me out on a date several times before it actually happened. For whatever reason*, something about first dates sends me into a panic and gives me a stomach ache. Poor TG, I think I made up homework excuses twice before getting brave enough to keep a date.

Anyways, we agreed to hang out one night before going to out with our friends. We had a fun time and another date was set. It was close to Halloween so I suggested we carve some pumpkins. (Cheesy I know, but I like activities.) Also, activities tend to make things less awkward. Pumpkins were carved and a dinner date finally happened a week later.

Christmas rolled around and I mentioned how fun it would be to decorate a tree. Several days later, we picked out a Christmas tree and decorated it with cheap ornaments from Target.

The rest is history.
[and thankfully, that snippet of "decor" to the right of the tree is history as well.]

[Camping trip 2009]

Happy Birthday to you!!
You bring me so much love, laughter, and fun every day.
I lurve you very much.

*A seriously bad first date comes to mind. Crickets chirping kind of awkward.

5 comments:

  1. Aww that's so cute! Happy Birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so cute! Happy birthday TG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha on the first date stomach ache - you are NOT alone! i told my roommate the other day, "the best way for me to lose weight and not eat is to go on a date with a guy i don't know."

    pathetic. but so true! also, happy birthday to TG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Just found your blog and you two are just the cutest together!!!

    ReplyDelete