Saturday, June 25, 2011

Two.

Two years ago, my sweet little Barkley was born.


People who aren't dog-people will likely think I'm ridiculous for remembering or acknowledging his birthday. And I'm okay with that.

So, Happy Birthday to one of the world's sweetest dogs.
Who wakes me up with his wet nose.
Who is the best cuddle buddy.
Who sleeps with his legs up in the air.
and
Who makes me laugh every single day.

[This white pleather jacket was leftover from someone's Halloween costume.]

"A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes.
Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine.
A dog judges others not by their color or creed or class but by who they are inside.
A dog doesn't care if you are rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull.
Give him your heart and he will give you his.
It is really quite simple, and yet we humans, so much wiser and more sophisticated, have always had trouble figuring out what really counts and what does not."
-John Grogan

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Hannah I am dying over the picture of him as a puppy. Sooo cute! Happy Birthday to Barkley! Also, I hope this isn't creepy but I had a dream last night with you in it! I dreamed that we were somewhere with a bunch of people and I was telling you congratulations on moving to Chicago. So crazy that we have never met in person because I feel like I have known you forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could your puppy be any cuter? Happy Birthday, Barkley! I hope its a day full of ball chasing, sunbathing and bone chewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww......What a darling babydoll! Happy birthday to Barkley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous pooch! Happy Birthday Barkley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He was such a cute puppy! I am a dog person and I totally understand the birthday thing. They are our babies. Happy belated birthday Barkley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! I really want a puppy:( So I can receive some real puppy love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie pie!! I love golden puppies!

    ReplyDelete