Friday, July 22, 2011

24

I turned 24 and forgot to even mention it on the ol' blog. Things have just been crazy with the move and trying to find an apartment. We were actually up in Chicago apartment hunting over my birthday so we celebrated there.

Growing up, my mom always made our birthdays special. She started our tradition of the birthday breakfast. After we went to bed at night, she would decorate the kitchen complete with a banner, balloons, and confetti. When we were little we were not huge fans of traditional breakfast foods like eggs and bacon. We much preferred donuts. So, the night before each person's birthday, Mom would pick up donuts from Krispy Kreme. We always looked forward to these fun breakfasts on our birthdays.

Since I wasn't home with my family on my actual birthday, Mom made sure to let TG know about our tradition. He woke up extra early so he could run out to get donuts for me to have when I woke up. Very sweet.

We celebrated with TG's dad and stepmom at MK for dinner. I can't say we have ever really had a bad meal in Chicago, but this was one of my very favorites. One of their specialities is their truffle fries which are served with a truffle cream dipping sauce. Words cannot do this sauce justice for how delicious it is.

All in all, a very special day of turning 24.

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday missy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated! That is a really sweet birthday tradition!

    ReplyDelete