Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The time has come


Well, almost...but I figured I better go ahead and post since I will likely be away from the computer for a few days. I also noticed in my planner today that I have an assignment due Sunday night by midnight. Super. Right in the midst of all of the moving craziness.

Since TG has already been working in Chicago, most of the packing and cleaning has been up to me. It's just how it had to be. He's working hard on his end too. But that doesn't make it any easier or any less overwhelming.

My mom and sister were here for a few days which made it much more bearable. Since they left, I've been kind of lonely. Let's just say I've started talking to the dogs a lot. I have really come to realize that I'm a people person. I grew up in a big family where our house was never quiet. When I was in college, I lived in the sorority house 2 years and then lived in off campus houses with groups of girls after that so I've never lived alone. Kudos to people that can do it. It's just not my cup of tea.

I'm just so ready to move and be settled! I love organization so living in disarray is driving me nuts. Unfortunately I packed up my pots and cooking stuff a little prematurely. It is super hard to eat healthy without being able to cook. Once I'm settled in the new place, it's back to healthy food and getting my fitness on.. for real. I'm looking forward to having TG back around to cook said healthy meals too ; )

I know the chaos is only temporary. We are so blessed to have such great opportunities ahead.

Have you ever used a moving service before? If so, I'd love to hear your suggestions, tips, or experiences. This is our first time using a moving service (but we packed ourselves!).

10 comments:

  1. i've never used a moving service before…however, i'm SO EXCITED for you!! and at least you have dogs you can talk to ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with your move! i hope it goes well! i know what you mean about being disorganized during a move and how chaotic it can feel..i hate that too! you'll be settled back in in no time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you!!! Praying for you and TG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been seeing those heart maps everywhere lately. (on the interwebs.)
    They are a great concept.
    Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I have been living on my own for almost 5 years and I'm finally moving in with my hubby now that we're expecting. It's a challenge! At first I hated living alone, and thought I would never get used to it but it taught me how to enjoy my own company and truly appreciate down time to recharge alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New to your blog and its so cute.
    love your puppy! ours should be friends. she loves to swim too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl! We are in the midst of moving and checking out moving companies. We have found that a lot of moving companies estimate you a rate and then once they came to move you the bill comes back 3,000 more than what you were estimated. 2 things as a piece of advice: 1. don't let them give you an estimate over the phone. Make them come to your house and give you the estimate there. That way they can't say, "Oh, you had more than we originally thought.." when you question them why its 2-3,000 more than priced. 2. I'm a true believer in PODS. They have a flat rate and its easy. That's how we are moving and its been a good experience so far.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with it all! Sorry I haven't stopped by in a while--it's been a busy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i moved to st louis from south carolina last year and back to south carolina this year, both times with moving companies. each move was absolutely wonderful!! i LOVED not having to move furniture up and down stairs/elevators/etc... and having them place it where i wanted. if i have another big move i will definitely hire someone to do it for me. good luck with everything!! chicago is my ABSOLUTE favorite city in the US!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your move!! I know the feeling of loving organization. You will get there again soon!

    I am so happy I found your blog, so cute!

    ReplyDelete