Thursday, August 25, 2011

My other home.

A while back I started a tumblr account. I wasn't sure I would ever use. Now, I've come to really like it. I will still be using this site as my main blog but feel free to visit my 2nd little spot on the internet.

A Big Little Life (On Tumblr)

That's all for now.

In case you are wondering (which you are probably not), our furniture has still not come. It has been almost a month. We ended up having to get an attorney involved. The guy that runs the moving company is a scam artist of sorts. Apparently a ton of other people have had similar issues. Some people have even had their stuff held until they pay thousands more dollars (than the original cost of the move). Crazy stuff, people.

Apparently I am a dinosaur. I always tend to believe that people will be honest and do the right thing. Turns out, they don't.

They are now saying our stuff will be here Saturday...so...fingers crossed. Until then, we will continue sleeping on an air mattress that slowly deflates during the night. We can't find the hole and it but we do wake up almost on the floor each morning so we know it's there.

Any good netflix recommendations? All we have for entertainment is our computers. We have already watched an entire 2 seasons of Parks and Recreation and several documentaries. Suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S. I promise to stop whining about my move..eventually.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get furniture soon hanzy! I can't imagine how frustrating this has been. As far as netflix goes I have two recommendations that are on instant play. 1) Friday Night Lights, probably the best show ever, and now is the perfect time to start what with football in the air! 2) Mad Men..I'm currently in season 3 and it's fabulous.

    Let me know when there is a bed/couch where I can sleep! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you, I always expect people to be honest and you never expect something like this to happen to you! I hope your stuff arrives this weekend! When I moved overseas it took months for our things to arrive and I know how unsettled you feel! Finally unpacking will feel a bit like Christmas! Oh and definitely watch Mad Men so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete