Wednesday, August 17, 2011

News.

Well, we are officially Chicago residents. I've been so out of the blogging loop the past 2 months with packing, moving, and trying to get settled in. Plus, I went back to NC to spend a week at the beach with my family. We enjoyed long days laying on the beach reading and talking, my sweet Grandmama Louise's delicious cooking, and plenty of BLT's for lunch. I find that the older I get, the more I really value and enjoy my family. I miss them already! My sister moves into college Thursday--such an exciting time!

I'm so ready to settle in and get organized. Unfortunately, we've faced some major obstacles with our moving company. They picked up our stuff on July 28 and have been giving us the run around ever since. Our stuff was supposed to be here the first or 2nd week in August. Well folks, today is August 17. We are praying our stuff gets to us (intact) by the end of this week. Once we get our stuff, I will certainly be writing a review of their company. You can't even imagine the lack of professionalism these people have shown.

I got home last night to 2 excited dogs. Barkley has been sticking close to me since I got back. I think he's trying to keep an eye on me so I don't leave him again.

I have pictures to upload so hopefully I can get around to that this week too. I'm excited to post pictures of our place once we get unpacked and what not.

Hope you're having a great week.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you're there and hopefully will be getting settled soon! Definitely post pictures for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you read Tess's blog? http://teatimetess.blogspot.com/ She lives in Chicago and might be fun to meet up with! I love blog friends! Hope you love Chicago - it sounds like such a fun city!!! Good luck with everything! xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations! so exciting to be getting set up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is my girl at The Southland Life??! Thankfully Hannah and I are friends, and Hannah - we need to meet up. It sounds like you could use a friend..and a drink. Let me know a good day for you in the next few weeks. Hang in there girl. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the sweet comments ladies : ) Hopefully these movers will come next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard horror stories about moving companies. I wish you the best with getting your stuff. Also, lay down the law with that review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to Chicago! I'm really glad I found your blog. Moving can be such a drag but you're in a great city and I hope you're settling in!

    ReplyDelete