Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Unpacking & Progress

We are finally living in a furnished apartment. We're still unpacking and rearranging things but it's looking more and more like a place people live!

This is still in progress so no judging.. but here's the living room so far.


I can't wait to get our pictures and art hung. I'm thinking we may do a gallery wall arrangement on the wall behind the couch. Yes?

We also have two club chairs we are having covered to go on the other side of the couch. I'm going to try to find some kind of lucite table to go between the club chairs.

Oh, and I couldn't help myself. I need to manage the cord situation too. Eesh.


And these guys are adjusting to their new home as well.

I ate dinner with TG's step mom last night and she gave me some fresh flowers. It's always nice to have fresh flowers around. Adds a little bit of special, don't you think? I think they go perfectly in this old mason jar I picked up at the Randolph Street Market on Saturday. I also found a great vintage necklace.

Hope you're having a great Tuesday : )

6 comments:

  1. Awww its starting to look so cute Hannah!!!

    I'm so happy your furniture arrived. So funny story - in my living room, I have the exact same TV stand (along with the wicker baskets) and the same coffee table! Gotta love Ikea!

    After NYC we're totally meeting up for a drink! Looking forward to it - enjoy your long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for furniture!! i can't believe you are a big girl living in a big city. i'm religiously entering to win the hgtv urban oasis in chicago. i'm putting a lot of my eggs in that basket. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! It's looking fantastic! Love the color coordinated books. And a gallery wall with bright pictures/frames would look great! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i absolutely love having fresh flowers around the house...it's just they are SO expensive :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fact that your books are color coded.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new follower to your blog -- love finding other Chicago bloggers! I just recently moved to Chicago as well :) Welcome!

    ReplyDelete