Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Miscellany!

  • This past Wednesday night, I had my first blog-buddy-date. Tess and I have been reading each other's blogs for a while now. We certainly share a love for Chicago..among other things! I was a little nervous as I cabbed it over to Rock It. Once I sat down and ordered a glass of wine, we started talking like we had known each other for years. Our happy hour meet up turned into a long dinner with plenty of wine. Tess is a doll. If you aren't reading her blog, you should head on over! I'm so grateful for blogging and my first Chicago friend!
  • My Missoni for Target package came a couple of days ago. I ordered a melamine tray and two pairs of the chevron flats (one for me (7.5) and one for my sweet sister(7)). I really like the tray but haven't decided where I will use it yet. I was a little disappointed with the flats. I usually am a pretty standard size 7.5. The 7.5 was HUGE on me. The size 7 were even a little loose on me so I knew they wouldn't fit Sydney. I was also a little disappointed in the quality. I know it's Target but they are a little flimsy. Anyways, I took the 7.5 back and got these black patent flats. Shasta Anne and Annie like them too : )

  • The other day while walking down State street, I walked over a wind grate. I totally had a Marilyn Monroe moment as I swatted my skirt down. The people around me definitely saw my blue hanky pankies. Oopsy.
  • It's no secret that I love television. Have you enjoyed the season premieres this week? I have quite the tv schedule this fall. Modern Family, The Office, & Parks and Recreation are some of my favorites. Has anyone seen Up All Night? Whitney? 2 Broke Girls? I'm trying to decide if I will watch those.
  • I found a campaign dresser that I'm going to pick up this weekend. TG and I are going to paint it and refresh the hardware so I will have a new dresser. Pretty excited. I'm thinking I want to do something like this.
  • TG has been such a saint lately. Putting things together for me, accompanying me on Target trips, and fixing the toilet after I broke it. Not what you think. I'm trying to think of something special to do for him.
  • My Erin Condren planner came last week and I love it. I won't bore you with pictures of my planner because I know everyone has seen it on some blog or another. It's totally worth the $50. Plus, it has tabs, pockets, and fun stickers.
  • Lastly, I stumbled upon this artist/blogger/designer the other day. I'm trying to figure out which of her paintings I would like to order. I may just get her to do something custom to match our living room. Or maybe this one for our bedroom?
  • Check her out. Cocoa and Hearts. I'm completely obsessed.
Happy Friday! : )

5 comments:

  1. i like all of the above, but ESPECIALLY that gorgeous painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy hour at Rockit sounds awesome. Thinking about the french fries there makes my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog :) so happy I did. Love finding other bloggers who love Jesus :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that painting and the dresser! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry to hear about your shoes, but i'm so glad you at least got SOMETIHNG from teh missoni line. i wasn't a HUEG fan, but i loved a few things, including the shoes. sadly, all sold out!

    ReplyDelete