- This past Wednesday night, I had my first blog-buddy-date. Tess and I have been reading each other's blogs for a while now. We certainly share a love for Chicago..among other things! I was a little nervous as I cabbed it over to Rock It. Once I sat down and ordered a glass of wine, we started talking like we had known each other for years. Our happy hour meet up turned into a long dinner with plenty of wine. Tess is a doll. If you aren't reading her blog, you should head on over! I'm so grateful for blogging and my first Chicago friend!
- My Missoni for Target package came a couple of days ago. I ordered a melamine tray and two pairs of the chevron flats (one for me (7.5) and one for my sweet sister(7)). I really like the tray but haven't decided where I will use it yet. I was a little disappointed with the flats. I usually am a pretty standard size 7.5. The 7.5 was HUGE on me. The size 7 were even a little loose on me so I knew they wouldn't fit Sydney. I was also a little disappointed in the quality. I know it's Target but they are a little flimsy. Anyways, I took the 7.5 back and got these black patent flats. Shasta Anne and Annie like them too : )
- The other day while walking down State street, I walked over a wind grate. I totally had a Marilyn Monroe moment as I swatted my skirt down. The people around me definitely saw my blue hanky pankies. Oopsy.
- It's no secret that I love television. Have you enjoyed the season premieres this week? I have quite the tv schedule this fall. Modern Family, The Office, & Parks and Recreation are some of my favorites. Has anyone seen Up All Night? Whitney? 2 Broke Girls? I'm trying to decide if I will watch those.
- I found a campaign dresser that I'm going to pick up this weekend. TG and I are going to paint it and refresh the hardware so I will have a new dresser. Pretty excited. I'm thinking I want to do something like this.
- TG has been such a saint lately. Putting things together for me, accompanying me on Target trips, and fixing the toilet after I broke it. Not what you think. I'm trying to think of something special to do for him.
- My Erin Condren planner came last week and I love it. I won't bore you with pictures of my planner because I know everyone has seen it on some blog or another. It's totally worth the $50. Plus, it has tabs, pockets, and fun stickers.
- Lastly, I stumbled upon this artist/blogger/designer the other day. I'm trying to figure out which of her paintings I would like to order. I may just get her to do something custom to match our living room. Or maybe this one for our bedroom?
- Check her out. Cocoa and Hearts. I'm completely obsessed.
Happy Friday! : )