Sunday, September 25, 2011

Weekend Update

This weekend was a lazy one. TG has had a crazy work schedule lately so we have just been lounging and what not.

Last week, I found a campaign dresser on Craig's list for $50. I have seen some pretty amazing campaign dresser transformations, so I was keeping an eye out for one of my own. TG wasn't exactly onboard with me crashing his Sunday to drive out to the suburbs to pickup a dresser. There was a Bears game in Chicago so the traffic was crazy too. With some whining and pouting, I convinced him to help me go get it.

All it needs is a fresh coat of paint. I have to replace all of the brass pieces too--the ones on this dresser are pretty dingy. I'm hoping make mine look as great as these do.




The last picture is from Jessie's dresser re-vamp. (p.s. Jessie is somewhat of the Craig's List Queen-- Check out her blog! )

Can't wait to post pictures of the finished product : )

11 comments:

  1. these dressers are gorgeous, can't wait to see what you do with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great project idea! I am anxious to see the results! Good Luck!! and enjoy your Monday xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your dresser will be lovely but my favorite part of this post was "drive out to the suburbs." I've always wanted to need to say that phrase. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You found a campaign dresser! I cannot wait to see the makeover! They are kind of annoying to paint if you cannot get the hardware off. Thank you for the shout out. You are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's exciting! Can't wait to see your transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO exciting!! That green dresser is such a beauty. So happy to have found your blog, and thank you for Kendra Scott notice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow those dressers are absolutely gorgeous!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh - we have the same dresser story! No joke. I found the same exact looking one on CL and had Chic Antiques paint it a glossy white and all the handles and hardware were in tact. I love this hollywood regency look. You are going to love this dresser. Timeless. Can't wait to see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! I'm excited to see what you do with it! :)

    ReplyDelete