Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Paris Club + Dose Market

Friday night, I met up with some girls (Tess, Liz, & Claire) over at Hub 51 for a drink prior to scooting over to Paris Club for more drinks and dinner. We had the best time. We shared stories of subway paranoia and chatted about recent reality t.v. shows. I left feeling so excited to have met some sweet Chicago girlfriends.

Sunday afternoon I headed over to Dose Market. This monthly market has all sorts of fun food/decor/clothing vendors. Think unique jewelry, vintage finds, and foodie items (even gourmet s'mores!) They also change up some of the vendors each month so there is always something new to be found. I picked up some flavored caramels (salted caramel, pistachio & ginger, and chili). I also snagged some bacon bourbon caramel corn from Salted Caramel.

There was also a little pop-up restaurant/soda shop in one area and had I not been alone I would have definitely grabbed a bite to eat. However, I didn't want to sit all alone, so I opted out.

I strolled over to Michigan Avenue to hunt for a birthday present for my sister. I walked away empty handed but did enjoy the alone time walking and snapping pictures along the way. It was nice to just enjoy the quiet (and step on every crunchy leaf I passed on the sidewalk). I have tons of recent pictures to post as soon as I can get into the groove of balancing work-grad school-blogging-playing.

TG gets back from his work travels this week : ) And I'm attending a wine and cheese pairing class with some of my favorite bloggers tomorrow. Details to come!

via 1, 2

5 comments:

  1. Dose market sounds fantastic, I'll need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Dose Market -- I'll have to check it out! I absolutely love Paris Club. The food and atmosphere are both great. I'm heading out to the wine and cheese pairing class tonight -- so excited to meet all the bloggers! I'm new to Chicago as well, so I haven't met any of them in person yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of Dose Market either. Take me with you next time you go! Can't wait to meet you tonight. Finally. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like such a neat market. I just found your blog and really love the stories you write. Can't wait to check out more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dose Market sounds fab! I love Chicago. :)

    Just found your blog-- so cute!

    ReplyDelete