Monday, November 28, 2011

Graham (The Bull)

I finished up my half day of work Wednesday and practically ran to the L station for my mini commute home. I was all set for an afternoon of leisurely shopping and fun about town until I got a bad news phone call. My brother's sweet 8 month old puppy, Graham, was sick and was going to have to be put down. My heart sank and tears streamed down my face as I talked to my mom on the phone. Unfortunately, he had a congenital kidney defect and was in complete kidney failure. I think the worst part was that it was completely unexpected.

I know not everyone is a dog person but in my family...well...we're big dog people. I mean, our dogs get Christmas presents from Santa. It was a really hard weekend for my family and my heart has been so heavy for my brother. Sweet Graham had a short, but very rich life. My mom and I laughed about just how much of a good time he had in 8 short months. (To the tune of: eating\chewing up an entire bag of granny smith apples, busting through doors, and stealing/treating himself to an entire rotisserie chicken off of the counter, etc.) We nicknamed him "the Bull" because he was always thrashing through doors and had an all around wreckless nature.

He was so very loved and he will be so very missed. We're certain he is having lots of fun in doggy heaven.





7 comments:

  1. Oh man, I am so sorry. We are big dog people and I can't even think about this because I got emotional. Prayers to your pup who I am sure is playing with all his doggie pups in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you Hannah! I know how hard that can be. Hopefully he has all of the rotisserie chickens he wants in doggie heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am tearing up over here reading this ~ losing a dog is like losing a family member (at least to a lot of people, me included.) I'm sure he is a happy pup in doggy heaven ~
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you Hanz! I have been thinking about Wood (and you but especially Graham's Daddy). I can't wait for our Skype date!
    Love you,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a horrible thing! So very sorry for your family :( Sending warm wishes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like he was very loved and lucky to have your family by his side...I am very sorry for your loss. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry. Dogs are members of our families. I have two yellow labs from the same litter that are now 8 and the thought of losing them is heartbreaking. Again, I am so sorry. I hope your brother and family are doing ok.

    ReplyDelete