Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

-Tomorrow morning I leave for Minneapolis. I've never been before so I'm a little excited to see a new city. I'll be there for a week for part of my grad school program. I have a roommate that I've never met so hopefully all goes well on that front.

-After an incredibly mild October, it is starting to get cold in Chicago. This morning made me reconsider my coat purchase. I got a patagonia down filled short coat. I'm probably going to go back and get a long one with a hood as well. The one I got will be great for the in between weather. You know when it's cold but not blizzarding. Not sure that's a word. Hmm.

-I can't not mention Kim Kardashian. Of course, Kris Jenner was all over the morning news shows trying to cover for Kim. She is so terrified that they are going to lose "fans"...or more accurately a paycheck. And everytime Kim says that "it wasn't the fairy tale I hoped for" I feel a little wave of nausea. I've always liked Kourtney and Khloe much more than Kim.

-I digress.

-Next weekend I'm heading south for one of my best friend's engagement party. I'm excited to see my family and some of my favorite girlfriends. Gift ideas?

-I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving this year. While I am a little sad I won't be with my family, I'm also glad to just stay put for a few days and relax.

-That's all for today.

4 comments:

  1. Engagement gift ideas - I went on etsy and got my best friend the cutest champagne glasses. There are so many adorable things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think US weekly put it best, "Kris was not drinking the Kardashian kool-aid." and "Kim was not psyched." i cant wait to see you!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your Friday was wonderful! I passed on an award to you:) It's on my blog: www.sweetlikeasong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It HAS gotten cold in Chicago! But I do secretly love the fall:)

    ReplyDelete