Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Weekend Update

Thank goodness for weekends! I find that weekend plans are what get me through the work week.

Friday was one of those days. I overslept and was late for work. Once I was en route to work, my cab driver told me his credit card machine was down (this is a game cabbies like to play because they prefer cash. This game annoys me to no end. This game often ends with me being snappy with said cabbie). I finally got to work and then fell walking up the stairs. I treated myself to a Starbuck's holiday coffee that afternoon and proceeded to spill it all over my coat and gloves. To top it all off, my new purse BROKE as I was walking from the L stop to Tess' house.

I digress.

SO. Friday night TG and I scooted over to Tess' place for drinks before our sushi date...double date that is! I was so excited that our guys got along so well. After dinner, we kept the party going and headed to a bar to have a few more drinks. My college-self came out and I found myself saying one more drink...and then another. But seriously, we had the best time.

Of course I didn't bring my DSLR out so my picture was crappy quality. I need a new purse big enough to carry my regular purse items as well as my big camera. If you have any suggestions for less than $200 pleeeeasee help a sister out. I may just end up splurging for a good bag.

Saturday was spent being lazy...which just so happens to be one of my favorite activities. Sometimes it's so nice to just do nothing. I drank coffee, caught up on blog reading, spent too much time on Pinterest, cuddled with pups, and cooked a good dinner.

Sunday TG and I headed over to the Randolph Street Market. Let it be known that the RSM is only worth attending (in my opinion) during the summer months. The summer market dates offer much more furniture, antiques, and all around awesomeness.

Afterwards we ate a late lunch at The Southern in Bucktown (review to come!). The Southern was delicious and pretty much a little slice of heaven. They have a really great outdoor space so we will definitely be spending some time there once it gets warm again.


Sunday seems to be my catch all day of the weekend. I find myself having to run errands, do school work and tie up loose ends on most of my Sundays. (I really want to find a church to join in Chicago as well as a small group). The day was pretty much spent by the time we got home. I basically did some work and went to bed. All in all a solid weekend though : )

What did you do this weekend?
And how did you tote your big ass camera?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous weekend--I hate days like that one you had, so a good weekend certainly helps!

    ReplyDelete