Monday, December 19, 2011

Catch-up & other ramblings

The month of December has flown by.

Let's recap, shall we?

  • The past few weeks have been really busy but really fun.  We attended a friend's Christmas party with Tess and Joel.   We did a wine exchange (white elephant type thing) which was fun. TG and I left with two kinds we hadn't tried before.  Tess snapped this picture at the party. (And yep, same dress...different colors. Great minds think alike!)


  • The next week I spent three days laying around with one bad cold. (And watching a lot of Real Housewives of well...you name it)


  • Last weekend, we celebrated Christmas with TG's dad and step mom.   We had reservations for iNG but they called that day to let me know they had a power outage and had to close for the night. Boo. We ended up eating at a new restaurant, Vera.  Vera really exceeded my expectations.  It's tapas and each plate that came out was better than the last.  I think I will do a review of Vera in a separate post. 


  • The family I nanny for gifted me the cutest little Chicago book and this adorable Tory Burch make-up case. Lurve!
  • I leave on Thursday for NC.  I'm so excited to see my family and friends.
  • I still have a significant amount of Christmas shopping left to do.  I've never been this last-minute before.  It makes me really slightly anxious. As much as I love shopping in Chicago, I do not love the Christmastime shopping crowds. Not one bit. 
  • I bought a bag of Christmas peanut butter M&Ms on Sunday.  Well, it's Tuesday and the 3/4 of the bag is gone. You do the math. The holiday season has a way of tossing some extra pounds my way.  
  • So there you have it. A little recap. Hope you all are enjoying the season and have more shopping done than me. 






5 comments:

  1. I feel ya on the extra pounds during the holidays! I hope it's done soon because all these goodies are really getting to me.. my hips that is! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dress & that case! I've been pretty good about Holiday eating thus far...the relatives that cook the great food come Thursday though, and there's not much hope after that haha! I wish I wasn't in the same boat about holiday shopping, but I totally am. Oh well! What's Christmas without a mall trip on the 23rd anyhow?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dresses are adorable - perfect for a holiday party! I also love Vera - my husband and I went to the "soft opening" and we were SOLD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two look adorable in that photo! And, I can't wait for your recap on Vera. I have heard mixed things on it. Happy Wednesday friend!

    P.S. Don't miss my holiday giveaway going on right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had an awesome holiday! You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete