Let's recap, shall we?
- The past few weeks have been really busy but really fun. We attended a friend's Christmas party with Tess and Joel. We did a wine exchange (white elephant type thing) which was fun. TG and I left with two kinds we hadn't tried before. Tess snapped this picture at the party. (And yep, same dress...different colors. Great minds think alike!)
- The next week I spent three days laying around with one bad cold. (And watching a lot of Real Housewives of well...you name it)
- Last weekend, we celebrated Christmas with TG's dad and step mom. We had reservations for iNG but they called that day to let me know they had a power outage and had to close for the night. Boo. We ended up eating at a new restaurant, Vera. Vera really exceeded my expectations. It's tapas and each plate that came out was better than the last. I think I will do a review of Vera in a separate post.
- The family I nanny for gifted me the cutest little Chicago book and this adorable Tory Burch make-up case. Lurve!
- I leave on Thursday for NC. I'm so excited to see my family and friends.
- I still have a significant amount of Christmas shopping left to do. I've never been this last-minute before. It makes me
reallyslightly anxious. As much as I love shopping in Chicago, I do not love the Christmastime shopping crowds. Not one bit.
- I bought a bag of Christmas peanut butter M&Ms on Sunday. Well, it's Tuesday and the 3/4 of the bag is gone. You do the math. The holiday season has a way of tossing some extra pounds my way.
- So there you have it. A little recap. Hope you all are enjoying the season and have more shopping done than me.