Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Acadia

Last Wednesday, I tried out a new restaurant, Acadia, with TG's dad and stepmom (sans TG).  He was working and couldn't make it but not to worry, I've already started planning another dinner.

Acadia is a great new addition to the South Loop neighborhood of Chicago.

The food was delicious and beautifully presented without being pretentious.

After we were seated we ordered cocktails.  TG's step-mom and I both ordered The Aviator to drink.  I'm not sure how to describe it other than to say it tasted like flowers.  I can't find the description of it but it was made with gin and violet something. It wasn't my favorite but there are plenty of drink options that sounded amazing. I was just trying something I wouldn't usually get.

We shared a few small plates including:

-"Risotto"- yukon potato, leek, green apple veil, winter fruffle, fines herbs
-Foie Gras-  malt, curry apple butter, lemon, toddy, savory, mache
-Pork Belly- red cabbage, caraway pudding, pear mostarda, candied mustard seeds, chicharrones


For my main plate, I had the Stonington Lobster Pie which was just as yummy as it was pretty.  The Chef has ties to Maine and imports the fresh lobster and scallops.

We had top notch service from start to finish.  We encountered several members of the staff (waiters, a sommelier, general manager, hostess) and found them all to be so friendly, professional, and just really into Acadia's concepts.

The unexpected amuse bouche as well as the mini biscuits with fleur de sel made the experience all the more special and fun.  My favorite touch was when we left the restaurant, we each received personalized treats to take home (mini pistachio & ginger sweet cake).

High-five to Acadia for bringing such a fun new place to the South Loop! We can't wait to come back!

*Small plate descriptions taken from Acadia's menu found here


2 comments:

  1. Acadia sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dying to try it:) thanks for the suggestions!!

    ReplyDelete