Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Hodge Podge

In December, we were lucky enough to snag a reservation at EL Ideas. I looked forward to it all month and last night was the night.  It's a small restaurant that's set up like a dinner party.  The dining room and kitchen are basically one room and it's very interactive.   Like, chatting in the kitchen and helping plate things interactive.  I'll be posting a full-review shortly but seriously... holy deliciousness.  Definitely my favorite meal in Chicago to date.

I met up with to friends, Tess & Claire, on Wednesday night at Gilt Bar for the perfect mid-week pick-me-up.  It's kind of strange that someone I met through blogging has become such a good friend.  I'm so grateful to have such a sweet friend that has welcomed me into her circle of friends without skipping a beat. (So thanks Tess!)

My sister was supposed to be coming to visit in February but is now waiting until March.  She's never been to Chicago so I'm really excited to show her around and take her to some of my favorite spots. Things can get pretty silly.


I don't really have big weekend plans.  I have a ton of work for grad school to tackle on Sunday.  I'm looking forward to catching up on my DVR tonight (I realize how lame that sounds...and is).

I have a whole new pillow situation in our living room. I need to take pictures so I can post about it.  I decided to bite the bullet and go with some chiang mai and trellis.  I love how pillows can completely change the look of a room.

I've been an on-line shopping machine lately (and my bank account is begging for it to stop).  Fortunately, I've also been putting lots of gift cards that I received for Christmas to good use.

I can't wait for this pretty to come in the mail.


I'm also entirely too excited about these coming to my mailbox.  I realize we have several Lululemon stores in Chicago but it's cold and I'm a wimp.  On-line shopping > walking through cold Chitown.  I've heard they are life-changing pants.

There's actually a Lululemon warehouse sale in the 'burbs (Do I say that now?) today, tomorrow, and Sunday.  So if you are in the Chicago area and feel like fighting through crazy women for workout gear you should head on over.  (And grab me a headband and new yoga mat!)  Those types of situations do not interest me at all.

I'm trying to decide what to get TG for Valentine's day.  We will be celebrating the weekend after since he will be traveling.  Boo. Suggestions?

That's all for now. Happy weekend ya'll.

via,via



4 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's best to just keep it low key for the weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny you said that about the Lululemon sale. I have considered going (I do not have a car, so I say "considered" lightly), but clearly it's not something you can go alone. I'm sure there are crazies everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this hodge podge post--that restaurant sounds FABULOUS!! Can't wait to see t he pillows and also looove the bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that you say burbs now. xoxo

    ReplyDelete