Tuesday, January 10, 2012

On my mind at this very moment...


  • At the beginning of every grad school quarter, I become overwhelmed with dread.  Not because of the school work really, but more so because it's just one more thing on my plate. Oh well, 3 more quarters and I'll be finished! I try to remember to just keep on keepin' on. 


  • This past weekend we finally got our love seat. Thank goodness.  Our living area/apartment is becoming more and more complete all the time.  
  • I have got to finish my campaign dresser project.  It pretty much just needs to be painted at this point.  Painting a dresser just hasn't been high on the old priority list lately.
  • I have pictures from Christmas in NC that I have yet to blog. 
  • Sunday, in some streak of domesticity, I cooked taco soup and broccoli salad (for my lunch this week).  Yep... followed recipes and all that jazz.  (And with no kitchen disasters--high five!)
  • Saturday night, we met up with friends for drinks.  The bar ended up being super crowded so we strolled to Tess & Joel's house instead. 
  • In the cab ride on the way home, I read that Beyonce and Jay-Z had their baby...Blue Ivy Carter!
  • I'm slightly entirely obsessed with Beyonce (and the name Ivy!)
  • There are several other DIY projects I've started thinking about. Such as:

I wouldn't use this orange dot fabric though...obviously. Perhaps a black and white thick stripe fabric?


Pinterest certainly does not equal productivity.

images 1-2-3

4 comments:

  1. I am so obsessed with Baby Blue. I need some pictures. I cannot wait to see your DIY projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful and successful last couple of days, I am envious :) I love the picture of the do it yourself chalk board tray...I think that is SO great! And I agree completely, love the name Ivy! I hope you have a wonderful day!
    Toodles,
    Twirling Clare
    twirlingclare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh that DIY cheese tray project looks like fun. I may have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is this broccoli salad you speak of? I want to see a recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete