Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Thoughts

We woke up to a little bit of (sloshy) snow this morning in Chicago. This winter has been unusually mild but I'm still ready for summer. Summer in Chicago is the absolute best. (The best, I say!)  I'm ready for street festivals and dining outside!

Barkley finally went to the groomer yesterday.  He was a little nervous when I dropped him off (tail tucked, legs shaking), which was pretty sad.  He looked so great when I picked him up! He got a pretty significant haircut and looks like such a puppy.




Pretty sweet, right? 
And I can't have this sweet guy feeling left out. 


Giuliana and Bill Rancic's Chicago restaurant, RPM Italian, opens in March.  I love them both and can't wait to try their restaurant.  

My sister visits a week from today! I'm so very excited to see her and play! 

This weekend will consist of a going away party at Theory for Tess and Joel (boo!) and watching the Oscar's on Sunday.

Monday I will be attempting to start my VB6 regime (aka: vegan before 6pm).  I'm hoping this will be a switch to a more structured and healthy way of eating during the week. For the record, I'll be eating all kinds of dairy goodness on the weekends. I'm not going to be super obsessive over it but I just want to get back to eating a healthier diet of mostly fruit, veggies, and whole grains (quinoa for the win!).  Have you tried VB6? Did you like it?

Happy weekend, people!

image via


5 comments:

  1. Handsome pup!! I'm also excited for the Rancic's restaurant - it should be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exciting that Bill & Giuliana's restaurant is opening soon! You'll have to tell all about it when you try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for the RPM opening! I hope Giuliana and Bill will be there:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your VB6 program - love to hear a review. And, yes, dying to go to RPM, too. I am such a sucker for celebrities!

    ReplyDelete