Monday, February 13, 2012

New York:Part One

Last Thursday I headed to NYC for a girls weekend with two of my sweet friends, Amy & Joslyn.  We've been friends since high school and our friendship is such a blessing to me.  The big apple did not disappoint.

Thursday night we went to a nearby restaurant for late night snacks and a couple of drinks.  The food was decent but nothing to write home about.  It was great to just catch up and share lots of laughs.

Friday was jam-packed with shopping.  I found a few new pieces to add to my ever needy closet. Friday night we enjoyed a late dinner at Balthazar.  I've always heard such great things about this spot.  It was good but nothing ground-breaking. The Chicago dining/foodie scene has really distorted my views on food.  I find myself being quite the dining critic which is ironic because I can rarely make anything edible in the kitchen myself.



I didn't snap pictures of our entrees but did manage to snap shots of our two desserts. 


After dinner, we strolled through SoHo laughing and window shopping.  I spotted this piece of art in one window.  I'm so artsy...not.


We stopped by a bar and had a couple more drinks before heading back to the hotel.




Back tomorrow with another recap and more pictures from our trip!

8 comments:

  1. 1. i am digging my blue eyes. and 2. i need a tan. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that green on you! Looks like a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss Balthazar. I know it's a hot spot but it never disappoints. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love NYC ~ this recap is making me yearn for another trip soon. (and I totally agree with you on Balthazar btw ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your recap makes me miss you so terribly! I had a blast and am so blessed to have you both in my life. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :the time is always now:

    LOVE IT. glad to hear you had a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun trip! Those desserts look delicious!

    Mandy
    Kini Style & The Klury Report

    ReplyDelete
  8. Balthazar is one of my very favorite restaurant in NYC! xoxo
    http://www.hellohellofriday.com/

    ReplyDelete