Monday, March 12, 2012

Chicago in a nutshell.




Last week, my sister came to Chicago for a few days. We basically did a marathon-style tour de Chicago. Plenty of coffee was sipped. And plenty of treats were consumed. (Plenty is actually quite the understatement.)

We hit almost all of the tourist-y spots.
And walked. a lot.
We shopped (of course).
Strolled down the famous Magnificent Mile.
All along State street.
Saw the famous Chicago Theater.
Ate Cupcakes at both Sprinkles and Magnolia Bakery.
Stopped by Cloud Gate (the bean). Which needs a good scrubbing asap. (Pictured above)
Ate Chicago-style hotdogs at Portillo's. A first for both of us. Verdict: delicious!
Got doughnuts at the sinfully delicious Doughnut Vault.
Walked through Lincoln Park.
And down Armitage Avenue.
Ate dinner at Table Fifty-Two Friday night.
And at RPM Italian on Sunday night.
And at Hot Chocolate on Monday night.
(See.. I wasn't kidding about the plenty part.  Don't judge. I've been eating salad since she left.)

We had such a fun time.
I was sad to see her go but we're already planning her next visit (this summer)! Stops at the Art Institute and Randolph Street Market will be made. And whatever summer festivals are going on at the moment.

Chicago people: where do you love to take out-of-towner friends?

9 comments:

  1. Wow sounds like you had a wonderful time in the city. I'm dying to check out RPM next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I loved Chicago but I've only been once. I'm dying to go back in early fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! i can't wait until I get to come visit! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful way to spend some time with your sis. How was Table Fifty-Two? I've yet to get there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pickles on a hot dog? yes yes yes. i need to get to chicago stat. i've never been!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an awesome time. I can't believe that was your first chicago dog. They are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot to do in a few days! I usually take people to the boardwalk, park and some of my favorite restaurants. I don't have too many friends who've never been to NYC before.

    xx

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I haven't tried a Chicago style dog yet, but I love Portillos. Now I want to try Doughnut Vault!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That hot dog looks so delish! I'll have to check out this post again next time we head to Chi-town!

    ReplyDelete