Tuesday, March 27, 2012

St. Patty's Day Festivities.

St. Patrick's Day is a pretty big deal in Chicago.  We celebrated accordingly.

The day before, I trotted over to State street to look for something green and fun to wear (read: green pants!).  Unfortunately, I had no such luck.  Apparently everyone else in Chicago also wanted to wear green pants on St. Patty's day. I gave up and decided to just wear something I already had. Enter green scarf. (Boring, I know.)

The River was dyed green.



Obligatory couple photos were taken.





We spent time with friends (old & new) and watched the craziness from 17 floors up.



It wasn't as much of a celebration of our Irish heritage as it was a celebration of Spring temperatures.  A kick-off of sorts to the best months of the year in this city. Three cheers for Spring!

6 comments:

  1. i like the scarf and LOVE Chicago! So jealous you get to call it home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Chicago around St. Pattys Day! You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be heading up to Chicago in the next few months!! Cute green scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and Tyler look so cute in Green!!! And you got great Chicago weather. I hope you two are doing well. I miss you guys. Can we do wine country this fall? Thoughts........

      Delete
  4. love your blog, dear <3

    LOVE dress GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG!!! <3
    http://www.vanillasisters.com/2012/03/worldwide-giveaway-win-love-dress.html

    ReplyDelete