Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Random Happenings.


  • I'm reading Fifty Shades of Grey for my book club. I can't help but feel like I'm not old enough to be reading it. 
  • Last night I got back from my trip home to North Carolina.  I love spending time at home but I'm always a little homesick when I get back to Chicago. 
  • My sweet grandma made one of my favorite meals for me over the weekend. She also made me a yellow cake with chocolate frosting...my favorite. Grandmama Louise for the win! 
  • I can't find the special edition Domino magazine anywhere. It's supposed to be out now...isn't it?
  • Sophia Grace & Rosie will be on Ellen everyday in the month of May. If you don't know who Sophia Grace & Rosie are, I suggest you set your DVR asap. 
  • I miss having a pool. Bad. Living in the Florida sunshine last year really spoiled me.  Over the weekend, my sister caught a glimpse of my pale legs. She made a face and said "that's not normal". Chicago sun, please come out.
  • I think my mail lady thinks I have an on-line shopping problem. She's always commenting about "all the packages" I get. 
  • I was kicked off the bus this morning. My CTA card didn't have enough fare.  It had 1.00 left and I needed 2.25. I sat down and searched in my purse for loose change or cash to pay the rest but to no avail. The bus driver said "Miss.." and I walked up to speak to her. She then proceeded to, pull over, open the door and tell me to "watch my step".  I said "What!?" to which she replied "HAVE A NICE DAY". Over $1.25.  I was 2 blocks from the L stop so it wasn't a big deal to walk.  As I walked those last 2 blocks, I thought some very not-so-Christian things and stomped my feet a little. I hope she feels good about herself. 
  • Lastly, we can all breathe a little easier today now that Jessica Simpson has (finally) given birth. Praise the Lord.  I wonder if that baby is walking already.

5 comments:

  1. I'm in a book club, too & mentioned "Fifty Shades of Grey" at our last meeting. Everyone else claimed they had never heard of it. I wonder what your discussion will be like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, my book club is reading 50 Shades too. I'm on the 3rd book now. They're such bad literature, yet addicting. It's weird.

    I can't believe you got kicked off the bus like that! Yipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved all of these little tid-bits! I am also reading Fifty Shades -- I felt strange reading it on the airplane, wondering if people around me would gasp, haha! I can also not find the Domino, but I know it's out! If I see it, I'll grab you one! Glad you had such a nice trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bus drivers can be real sticklers. Sorry friend. Agreed to the Chicago warmth/sunshine. We need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of a yellow chocolate cake but I'm intrigued! Go grandmama
    <3 leesha

    ReplyDelete