Friday, May 11, 2012

Random-ness: Friday edition

It has been a week where everyday has felt like Monday.

I've breezed through Fifty Shades of Grey and Fifty Shades Darker. And I'm halfway through Fifty Shades Freed. Like I've said, I'm equal parts ashamed and addicted. The writing is so bad but so very entertaining.

I'm a little obsessed with the May issue of Lonny magazine. And the feature on Jamie Meares.  She is so good at what she does.


I went to Target last night to pick up a necessities and check out The Shops. I wasn't that impressed with the clothes to be honest.  The flats are cute, but I need another pair of flats like I need a hole in my head. There were several pieces of the clothes line that I liked but not enough to buy.

I did buy these greek key plates though. Couldn't help myself. They're bright green on the bottom. And actually are more coral than red.



On a related note, I'm going to make a really sincere effort to stick to some sort of budget.  Due to pinterest and blogs, I've developed somewhat of an on-line shopping problem.  I think my mail lady is judging me.  I will be refraining from online shopping for a month in order to try to be a better saver.  Do you have any tips for saving money/sticking to a budget?


Is anyone going to Blogger Blitz this summer in Chicago? I'm thinking about going but need a wing-woman.

Weekend plans include cooking out (on our new grill!) with some friends tonight and dinner with Jen and her husband tomorrow night in the West Loop.

Happy Weekend ya'll : )

5 comments:

  1. I was at Target yesterday, too! I saw your plates -- love them! I'm IN for Blogger Blitz - I'll be your wing-woman, for sure. Exited to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Jamie and Lonny! I want to look through this issue today- I can't wait to read the feature. I have heard great things about Fifty Shades of Grey... I need to finally go get it! :) Have a great weekend, love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't impressed with The Shops at all. I was expecting more than just a few end caps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it !!!!

    cute post :)


    do you want to follow my blog ??

    http://www.themusthave.net/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should move to Raleigh in order to be closer to Furbish. Scratch that, I don't think, I KNOW you should. Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete