- Things I'm Afraid to Tell You. Have you seen the "Things I'm Afraid to Tell You" movement on lots of blogs lately? If not, check it out here. It was started by one of my favorite Chicago bloggers, Jess. It's all about being more honest in a blog world that can sometimes feel superficial. The girl is insightful and talks a lot about living with intention (being intentional about business, relationships, and life in general). Good stuff, indeed!
- Shoe goodness. Speaking of superficial things
we don't necessarily need, these babies are on their way to my apartment. I've been lusting after these shoes for far too long and I'm happy to report that they are coming to join my shoe family. The best part? They were on sale. (via)
- (Early) Birthday Win. Yesterday, I got a text message about an early birthday present: much coveted (and nearly impossible to obtain) tickets to Next. Basically a food dream. I think I can stop stalking Grant Achatz now.
- Weeknight dinner+tv buddies. TG has been traveling less for work the past 2 weeks and it has been so good to have week-night company.
- Chats with my mom. During our chat last night, she shared the recent antics of our family dogs (hilarious) and some of her thoughts about her latest read, 50 Shades of Grey (mortified).
Ah, I always feel better and in a more grateful place when I make lists like this. I need someone to remind me each day that my life is not hard and filled with good things. (And to stop being such a wimp.)