Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer in Chitown

This summer I feel a sense of urgency to make the most of these warm months in Chicago.  Urgency, ya'll.  While I appreciate and enjoy all that the fall and winter months have to offer, I love (lurve!) summer in this city.  There's just so much summer goodness (and sangria!) to be enjoyed around these parts.

I've put together somewhat of a summertime bucket list for 2012:

1) Get an Italian Ice from Mario's Italian Lemonade

2) Have a picnic with friends at movie night in the park. (On the books for Saturday night)

3) Drinks (on the rooftop, of course!) at the Peninsula Hotel.

4) Enjoy a unique flavor of gelato from Black Dog Gelato. I'm thinking goat-cheese cashew caramel.

5) Attend Blogger Blitz in July.

6) Attend Festivals including: Taste of Randolph, Taste of Chicago, Retro on Roscoe, Sheffield Garden Walk and Festival, Summer on Southport, and Taste of River North.

7) Take dogs to Montrose Dog Beach.

8) Turn 25 (eesh) years old!

9) Rent a bike and cruise along the lake front.

10) Lake weekend in Wisconsin with friends.

11) See Pretty Lights at the North Coast Music Festival.

12) Lots of playing, eating, and generally debauchery when Mom & Sydney's visit in July.

Am I missing anything?

image via 

6 comments:

  1. Great list! I've lived in this city for almost 5 years and I haven't done half of the things on your list. Maybe I should be following your list too. :)

    Defining Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indulge Giordano's pizza deep dish pizza, Yum!

    My extended family lives in Chicago and I have been every year since I was a baby. I love Chicago!

    -Amy
    http://bedesignsllc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! I love how every ones writing summer bucket lists- even though you're from Chicago I feel like I can go find Mario’s Italian Lemonade equivalent in London. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What and when is blogger blitz?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. July 15. It's organized by http://www.longdistanceloving.net/. Just a big blogger get together event with food and drinks! You should come!

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to Blogger Blitz, too!

    ReplyDelete