Thursday, July 26, 2012

Beach Week

I'm finding myself really looking forward to my beach vacation with my family.
Each August, for the past 15 years or so, my family spends a week at the beach together.
We spend 7 whole days of togetherness at my Grandma's beach house.
I often refer to this beach vacay as a non-negotiable.
I think it's important to have non-negotiables. To protect time and things that are important to us.

When I was in high school, I would try to scheme my way out of beach week (whaa?) in order to hang out with my friends and boyfriend. (and have unchaperoned fun)
My parents forced me to go anyways. And now, well, I'm thankful for that.
Because I have some really good memories.

These days, I look forward to this time of togetherness.
And my grandmama's southern cooking
Unlimited reading on the beach (Gone Girl, Where We Belong, and the Jose Baez book in the plan!)
Coolers full of popsicles and cold drinks.
Salty air
Beach chairs in the edge of the water.
Not using my hair dryer.

The good stuff, I tell you!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds perfect! Enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time! I love the simple pleasures of being on the beach :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete