Thursday, August 16, 2012

Back Down South.

Where has this summer gone? I can't believe it is August 16th. The past few months have felt non-stop.

Scratch that... Where has the past year gone? Right now I can hear the sound of planes practicing for the air and water show that's this weekend (Much to the Barkley's horror). Weird. It seems like it was just yesterday that we were getting settled into our new apartment and life in Chicago while listening to those SAME sounds of the planes preparing for the air and water show. Whew.

The past couple of weeks have been some good ones.

The friday before I left for NC, we used a Gilt City groupon for Sawtooth with some friends. The drinks were excellent. I'd say the food was just "meh".  The service was not great. Maybe this place is just new and getting into the swing of things?  I probably wouldn't go back.

My week at the beach with my family was so simple and so good.  Ocean Isle is pretty much my happy place. I hope I can buy my own beach house there someday and spend summers there with my own children. (And yes, there was an outfit repeat. What of it?)



While in NC, I also made the much dreaded visit to the DMV. Boo. Side note: there are some seriously entertaining folks in the DMV waiting room.

I also helped my sister move into the sorority house. She's living in the ADPi house this year...in a room just down the hall from where I lived for 2 years in college. I felt old...but being back in Greenville brought back some serious memories. I made my sister drive me by some of the bars we used to frequent. Good times.
Related: Thank God that front porch can't talk.

Of course, no trip home is complete without a lunch date with my favorite high school girlfriends. Can't wait for them to visit Chicago over Labor Day weekend! All in all, a solid visit to NC.





3 comments:

  1. such a cute ADPi house! looks like you've been having a great summer. Can't believe we're half way through August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you had a great time in NC! You are already missed so very much. Jossy and I are SO pumped to come visit! Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year has gone by crazy fast hasn't it? Looks like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete